Thursday, March 31, 2011

Recipe for a Memorable Dinner (A Mama Kat Writing Workshop Prompt)

Recipe for a Memorable Mother/Son Date Night

One (1) Mom
One (1) Son
One (1) Restaurant Serving High Carb, Low Nutrition Food (i.e., Krystal, Steak 'n Shake)

Place Mom and Son at Restaurant (note: eliminate husbands and daughters - this recipe fails if contiminated by other family members)

Seat Mom and Son at a Table for Two

Consume hamburgers, french fries, milkshakes, chicken sandwiches.

Re-order at least one item because it is not "plain" (just bread and meat)

Confound server or counter staff by re-orders



Top off the experience with Son stating, "I Love You Mom"

Store the memories in an airtight heart forever.

Mama's

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like such a fun time!

Dianna said...

This post made me smile for a couple of reasons!

My son and I have always loved spending time together. And he always orders everything PLAIN!

And, even though he's an adult, I still love hearing "I love you, Mom".

Visiting from Mama Kat's today.

Unknown said...

So sweet! It's nice to hear those words, especially from boys who soon become too "masculine" to say them often. :)